Re: [wmii] new (consistent) keybindings in the hg repo

From: Stefan Tibus <sjti_AT_gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 14:12:39 +0200

Hello all,

I like the fact the keybindings have been restructured, but of
course some of them will always interfere.
The bindings used to start programs certainly differ by taste,
e.g. whether its "t" as "terminal" or "x" as "xterm". Actually
I use "rxvt" and "<Return>". Maybe this is could become a default
not interfering with anything else.

Personally I now have a problem with "$MODKEY-m". I used this
to select my "mail" view, now it selects "max" mode. There I
was wondering whether the modes are not actually swapped. This
is at least what I will change my keybindings to. ($MODKEY-Control-*)

Also I don't like the use of letters as directions. I like the
cursor keys much more, that's they're there for. So I'd suggest
to define variables $WESTKEY etc. and use them consistently.
They may be kept as h,l,j,k by default, but this makes changing
to cursor keys a lot easier. (One could in principle use variables
for everything, but I don't vote for this, just in this case I
believe this makes sense, since they're used 3 times.)

Regards,
Stefan