Re: [wmii] new (consistent) keybindings in the hg repo

From: Anthony Martin <ality_AT_pbrane.org>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 05:46:48 -0700

Stefan Tibus <sjti_AT_gmx.net> once said:
> Also I don't like the use of letters as directions. I like the
> cursor keys much more, that's they're there for. So I'd suggest
> to define variables $WESTKEY etc. and use them consistently.
> They may be kept as h,l,j,k by default, but this makes changing
> to cursor keys a lot easier. (One could in principle use variables
> for everything, but I don't vote for this, just in this case I
> believe this makes sense, since they're used 3 times.)

I know I've said this before but here it is again: having the
directional keys as [hjkl] is much more efficient than using the
keypad. If you're typing a lot, your hands are probably on the "home
row" anyways so why would you want to remove them just to
send/swap/select a client?

There's a reason these keys are used in vi.

--
"The right to be left alone is indeed the beginning of all freedom."