Re: [wmii] Too much autocompletion in wmiimenu

From: Chris Foster <foster_AT_physics.uq.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 13:57:36 +1000

On Wed, Apr 19, 2006 at 06:27:05PM -0700, Anthony Martin wrote:
> Chris Foster <foster_AT_physics.uq.edu.au> once said:
> > In particular, this is a problem if I've tagged a client with
> > 1+2
> > and I want to reset it's tag to 1 - there doesn't seem to be a nice way
> > to do it with the default setup. I'm not sure whether to consider this
> > a bug in wmiirc or a nasty (in this particular case) feature of
> > wmiimenu... Unless I'm missing something.
>
> Just add a space after whatever you're entering in the menu. So instead
> of just "1", type "1 " and it will only return "1".

Actually, this is still not perfect, as now you get a tag '1 ' rather
than '1' when using the $MODKEY-Shift-t shortcut in the default wmiirc.

We _could_ do the fix in wmiirc (using the shell or sed to strip the
whitespace), but that feels rather like a workaround for inconsistent
wmiimenu behaviour. After all, arbitrary strings which are *not*
substrings of the wmiimenu stdin may be returned - why not arbitrary
substrings as well?

~Chris.