Re: [wmii] Automatic destruction of views

From: Bill Puschmann <puschy_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 10:05:31 -0400

As in Anselm's previous post: "It is out of question, that empty views will
be destroyed if
they aren't focused." Which I take to mean "if you're not looking at a tag
that becomes empty, delete it." All of us are in agreement on that.

Being able to 'stay' on an empty view, but not being able to select a
> random empty view, is inconsistent.

If consistency is what you're after, then even the very first view shouldn't
exist. If being an xsession and your xinitrc or "autostartup" file is
empty, wmii-3 should close and return you to the login screen.

Consistency for consistency's sake is irrational. Part of what we're after
is a functioning, usable paradigm in the "workspace" (meaning the computer -
not the term we're trying to avoid). And several people have raised their
voices that the auto-destruction of a tag while the tag is being viewed
doesn't make sense in that respect.