Re: [wmii] Request for comments/help

From: Salva Peiró <saoret.one_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 09:07:52 +0000

On 4/21/06, Denis Grelich <denisg_AT_ueberl33t.info> wrote:
> Have some issues as well, there's a list:
> all the - should be --- without spaces, or at least --
> "" should not be used. `` ''
>
> 1.3 Wmii [...]
> not to exceed 10K lines of code
> small 'k'
>
> 2.2 Configuration and Installation
> and gentoo should already have good
> 'Gentoo' capitalized
>
> 3.2 Focus
> In X11, exactly one client gets the users input.
> user's
>
> 4.1 First steps
> the first term is the name of the tag of the window. Then, after the vertical line (the pipe symbol)
> wmii shows the title of the window.
> there is no pipe symbol anymore?
>
> 4.2 Using Columns
> columns not capitalized
>
> What about adding '?' to the rethorical questions
>
> 4.6 How do I close a window
> Well, first of all every X-Client should have
> X-client
>
> Thus, the Window Manager has to provide
> window manager
>
> 4.7 How do I start programs
> You may start programs out of a xterm.
> an xterm
>
> 5.3 The glue that puts it all together - 9p
> is it 9p or 9P? (in the whole paragraph)
>
> 5.4 Tools
> This section gives an little overview of the tools that wmii, but for more detailed explana-
> tions you should read the man page of each tool, that comes with wmii.
> something is broken here. (btw: it's "a little overview")
>
> 6.2 actions
> capitalized: Actions
>
> 6.4 Changing the looks
> you might know from html.
> HTML
> second is the main colour of bars borders,
> bar borders
> 3d-effects
> 3D
>
> 6.5 Filling the status-bar
> how the bar will be painted(appearance),
> add a space: painted (appearance)
> monitoring remaining battery, temperature,\dots
> add a space: temperature, \dots
> to save us from typing a lot by issueing
> issuing
>
> Then, in typography, the - is never used. In the most Chapter and section headings you would rather use --- (without spaces between --- and the words left and right). If you really don't like this, at least use --. (Note: in german, there is no ---, only -- is used, but /with/ spaces). Also, " is never used as well. Rather use `` and '' instead.
>
> Greetings,
> Denis

Denis and Ross,
Thanks to for the time spent reading the guide, and write down the corrections,
I've already added most of them. But as neither Steffen or /me are
native english
speakers (even we do our best) I prefered to send you the modifications so you
can check them before pushing.

btw, I've also commented the \usepackage{html}, so there's no
dependency of latex2html by default, if someone wants to generate
html, then just comment it out. This way just by issuing ``make'' on
doc/ you only need to have latex installed.
Because i think it was bad that not having latex2html mean that you
couldn't read the guide in any of the formats.

Regards,
PD: btw, hope i've not included more erratas ... (with the ``corrections'')

--
gualteri (at) rootshell.be/~gualteri