Re: [wmii] Inferno/Styx - why wmii is in C and is part of the Anti-Matrix

From: Uriel <lost.goblin_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 10:19:35 +0200

I have no time to read your rant, but if you can't appreciate the
beauty of LISP (and specially scheme), I feel very sorry for you.
Scheme and C are probably the two most perfect programming languages
ever created, even if their perfections are opposed to each other.

The only way to acquire real knowledge is by being extremely critical
_and_ open to all ideas, no matter where they come from. LISP and C
are philosophical antagonists, but even a shred of real philosophy is
more valuable than what the herd follows, and one can always learn
something from any form of philosophy, as long as it is true
philosophy.

And The Matrix is one of the worst movies of all times, empty special
effects pretending to be philosophy, how pathetic, how low have we
gone.

uriel

P.S.: While traveling I have been playing around with Erlang, very
different too from the Unix philosophy, but still very interesting,
and clearly very superior to most things out there.

P.P.S.: In programming, conceptual integrity is of the greatest value,
so even if one is open to learn from all philosophies, one should
always remain faithful to his own philosophy, that is why I despise
GNU so much even if I deeply respect true Lisp hackers.