Re: [wmii] Re: layout per tag.

From: Sander van Dijk <a.h.vandijk_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 16:59:38 +0200

On 8/11/06, Ross Mohn <rpmohn_AT_waxandwane.org> wrote:
> One thing I've thought was missing (or maybe it's there and I don't know
> how to do it?) is the ability to say that I want to view on my desktop
> everything with the tags "mail" and "net". Rather than having to give
> multiple tags to the clients, I'd like the ability to dump everything on
> my desktop that has either of these tags. Specify a regexp to describe
> which tags I want to view --> mail|net. Can I do that?

wmii had that for a while between 2.5 and 3.0, but it was quite buggy.
Anselm never used it, and proposed on the mailinglist to remove it. As
far as I remember, nobody really complained (at least not enough), so
it was removed (rather than fixed). I agree that it can be usefull
though, so maybe it's reintroduction would be good. Start complaining
;-)

> Those things in the bottomleft of the screen are just shortcuts for
> viewing all clients of one tag.
True.

Gr. Sander.