Re: [wmii] How to work flexibly? Usage question.

From: Stefan Tibus <sjti_AT_gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 18:22:59 +0200

Hello Kai.

On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 13:20:16 +0200 Kai Grossjohann <kai.grossjohann_AT_verizonbusiness.com> wrote:
> For a given project, I frequently switch between two situations.
>
> Situation A is that I'm editing code in a single window that I want to
> occupy the whole screen.
>
> Situation B is that I'm trying out the application in two or three
> windows that I want to lay out in two columns.
As long as you want to switch between these two situations, this
is just the same as switching between workspaces and in wmii you
would do this by switching between views of a single tag each
(e.g. foodev and foorun and switching using the mouse, wmiimenu or
special shortcuts). You end up with just the same as a traditional
multiple-workspace wm.
You might want to search the wmii snippets and the mailing list
archive for the creation of joined views, if you want to pop-in
your editor in the application's view (if you don't need it
fullscreen for some short task).

Regards,
Stefan