Re: [wmii] Popups in all views: is it possible ?

From: Sean Russell <wmii_AT_ser1.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 14:14:50 -0400

On Friday 15 September 2006 12:45, Suraj N. Kurapati wrote:
> Francis GUDIN wrote:
> > First issue: Ekiga tries to be smart and sets the popup's title to
> > reflect the caller's identity. Hence, a varying label that helps...
>
> You should check the class information of the client instead. This
> tells you the kind of program it is, rather than what title it has
> chosen to present itself with.
>
> wmiir read /view/sel/sel/class

Hm. That'd be nice, but /view seems to have disappeared from wmii-4.
There are sel directories in /client/<#>/ and /tags/, but I don't see
a "class" file in any of the directories. (I'm not sure what the 9P
terminology for these nodes is).

> > *THOUGH* a second issue raised: when the popup gets created, I see
> > no "CreateClient" event. I added a "catch-all" clause to watch
> For a ClientFocus event to occur, the respective client must have
> already been created---because the client number provided by
> ClientFocus points to the "/client/<client number>" client
> information path in wmii's file system.

That is to say, creating the client triggers the event to be generated.

Francis, you should try debugging your event queue first. Use:

        wmiir read /event

and just let it sit there. Open some windows and see what it outputs.
Did you mention which version of WMII you were using?

--- SER