Re: [wmii] wmii and conkeror

From: Suraj N. Kurapati <skurapat_AT_ucsc.edu>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 13:36:34 -0800

Uriel wrote:
> On 2/14/07, Robert Linden <rob_AT_superhelden.de> wrote:
>
>> If I were the listmaintainer I would ban you for this comment alone.
>
> Censorship, how modern and civilized!
>
>> Given that I am not I will just unsubscribe instead, because I saddens
>> me to see how an intelligent person like yourself can, at the same time,
>> be such a fucking idiot. Please grow up a bit.
>
> By "grow up" you mean "become an hypocrite"? Given that I was
> encouraged to answer Nicky's email by people that didn't have the guts
> to do it themselves, I find it ironic that I am publicly reprimanded
> for speaking my mind.

Very cool. I tended to agree with Rob almost mechanically (society
programs their "values" and views onto our brains from childhood),
but Uriel reveals some interesting concepts that are being
threatened here: censorship to maintain conformity.

It is only through such revelations that I can proceed to rid myself
of the preprogrammed behaviors sanctioned by society and discover my
true self. To actively think about open-ended questions in pursuit
of truth, instead of passively regurgitating society's preprogrammed
answers, is an act I hold in the highest of regard.

Thanks Uriel!

--
Hardware: The parts of a computer system that can be kicked.