Re: [wmii] Updates to tip, please test!

From: Chris King <colanderman_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 12:24:16 -0400

Small bug: start two xterms in a column in default mode, shrink one
down to just its titlebar (btw kudos on this feature), hit Ctrl+D in
the other one. The first one will remain as just a titlebar and
become inaccessible unless it is moved to another column.

Another possible bug: clicking (not dragging) the control box has
strange effects. The only one I can reliably reproduce is to start a
couple xterms in a column in default mode, and click the control box
of the upper one: it will be shrunk down to just a titlebar. Which
would be fine, except the same thing doesn't happen with the other
xterm. With three or more I've noticed stranger things: clicking on
one xterm's box will cause another's to enlarge or shrink slightly
until some threshold is reached, which xterm is affected and how seems
pretty much random (although it looks like wmii is distributing space
evenly to all the xterms it seems to miss the topmost one).

As a side note, what happened to the ability of the mouse to create
new columns and to insert windows between others (rather than just at
the bottom) in default mode? Will this be restored at some point in
the future or is it permanently removed?

- Chris