Re: [wmii] Several Questions

From: sqweek <sqweek_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 12:45:13 +0900

On Dec 7, 2007 6:24 PM, <Urlicht_AT_gmx.net> wrote:
> b) Would it be possible to use the entire title bar of a window for
> dragging it around in dynamic layout mode?

 To avoid confusion - wmii has never used the term "dynamic mode". We
have managed modes (max/stack/default) and floating mode.
 As to your question, no. Title bars will be snarfable/editable in the
future, so we'd have to unimplement that feature anyway.

> c) What about a key to write back the current layout mode of a window
> into wmiirc?

 Could be useful. There's probably a bunch more interesting stuff that
could be in the default wmiirc.

> d) If I start any of the OpenOffice 2.3 applications by using the
> Mod-p mechanism it always comes up in dynamic layout mode. Why?

 This is because of OO's [mis]behaviour. It is doing something like
requesting a fixed geometry or not honouring resize requests or
somesuch, I'm not sure of the details.

> e) What does the left most action "exec" do? In my case it terminates
> the X session and returns control to gdm. Is this the intention?

 It causes wmii to exec whatever command you specify. Most practical
use is to fully restart wmii (not just wmiirc), though you could
probably use it to switch WMs on the fly.
-sqweek