Re: [dev] wmii falling out of favor

From: Connor Lane Smith <cls_AT_lubutu.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 23:12:44 +0000

Hey,

On 5 January 2012 14:19, David Tweed <david.tweed_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not aware of any way of either storing or, more importantly,
> searching a user's interaction with the GUI apps on a computer system.

That's not inherent to GUIs, it just so happens that existing GUIs are
extremely poorly made. It's not interaction which needs to be logged
so much as the modification of persistent data -- files and such --
which could easily be logged by graphical apps. The more I think about
it the more I believe terminals only continue to be used because of
how awfully bad the alternatives are.

cls