Re: [dev] Suckless design in Games

From: lordkrandel <lordkrandel_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 17:57:08 +0200

> I believe that form and function are so intimately intertwined that
> pragmatism without aesthetic is meaningless.
>
> cls

I believe that real life context greatly affects one's tastes.
Psychology is one's own history, with all the experiences life brings.
I lived 16 years without Internet and I'm 26.

If you want a tool to be functional, it may be required to have a
certain shape - either if I like that shape or I don't.

Art also has an objectively undefinable function, so you can't decide
what a functional art form is. Simplicity is one arbitrary choice.

I like Mozart and Minimalism just as much as I like Dadaism or free
Jazz, even if they have different forms and subjective functions.

It takes me quite some time to write in my crappy english by the way :)

--
Wyrmskull