[dev][dmenu] Complaint about the merging of dmenu & dinput.

From: Andrés Musetti <amusetti_AT_internet.com.uy>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 18:51:38 -0200

Hello:
        I've updated dmenu recently, and noticed that dinput is gone, because it was merged into dmenu.
I'd personally like to have dinput back, because I think it's better suited to some tasks than dmenu.

For example, I used dinput to quickly edit the URL in surf, because it required less "interaction" than dmenu: the URL was right there, waiting to be edited.
In contrast, if I want to edit the URL in dmenu, I have to retype the URL, or first Ctrl+Y, then Ctrl+G, and then paste into dmenu, all that "extra" steps in order to edit the same URL.

Not a big deal, but I think dmenu and dinput are for different and complementary things: dmenu is for quickly picking a string among many others, while dinput if for quickly editing a given string.

Let me know what you think. I'd love to have dinput back.

Thanks.

--
Andrés
P.S. Please, help me to improve my English: unmercifully correct any mistake you find in this message.