Re: [dwm] Window management ideas

From: Seth Graham <sether_AT_tru7h.org>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 10:17:08 -0600

Jonas Pfenniger wrote:
> It's sad to say, but I think terminal will never be 100% flicker-free
> when resizing. There is no such thing as loosing line endings because
> you used Mod-0 instead of Mod-9. In the fact, I'd much prefer them to
> stay at 80char (or a multiple). It sounds weird to craft a special
> rule for xterm and it's brothers but text application are in another
> world than GUI apps.

I got around this by hacking up the dotile() function to not resize
windows, instead it merely moves them around.

It wasn't a hard change, as I recall I only had to delete two or three
lines. Last time I did it was dwm 1.5 though, I don't update my laptop
very often. So maybe it's changed.

It helps a lot in situations where resizing xterms is unwanted (serial
console on a troublesome server being one example).