Re: [wmii] summary of some #wmii talk on 2006-03-02

From: John Nowak <john_AT_johnnowak.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 15:13:48 -0500

On Mar 6, 2006, at 10:33 PM, Uriel wrote:

>> Truth be told, I really just
>> want a great interface for command line and curses-based programs
>> (vi, mutt, bsflite (a great AIM chat client), links2 on occasion, man
>> pages, file manipulation, etc).
>
> Why don't you buy yourself an ASR-33?
>
> I for one don't want to live in the 60's; peace, love and LSD are just
> not my thing.

I primarily use my linux partition for development, which means I
mostly use CLI tools. Things like Firefox I find generally annoying
to use when I cannot quickly resize windows or have multiple browser
windows of different sizes. Say for example I'm watching a movie in
one browser window while reading some forum on another. Both need to
be visible at once and both require very specific sizes (especially
in the case of the movie, unless I want to waste tons of screen
space). Wmii is not very good at handling this, hence I use tools
like links2 instead. I do all of my "modern" stuff on the OS X
partition still, including some programming (namely graphical/opengl
work).

- John