Re: [wmii] an alternative way to dynamically resize windows

From: <iv_AT_c-66-229-172-60.hsd1.ca.comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 23:34:21 -0700

Hi I read this with much interest as I also believe that the visual
interaction paradigm in WIMP is somewhat limiting and has done much to
establish BLOAT BUTTON oriented interfaces that BURN UP screen real estate
and MEMORY and offerlittle in the terms of better visual interface or
information display and management (if you consider eye-candy more or less
useless as I do) then wmii represents the begining steps on a journey toward
a keyboard oriented GUI paradigm which I believe is much more interesting
and humanly adaptive since alternative interfaces like speech or touch are
mapped to either sound words or screen elements which like a mouse is
cumborsome for fast and accurate input - thats why accounting still has 10
key number oriented key boards, phones still had 10 digit dial pads and
advanced highly interactive applications still use keyboards in things like
music or structural display applications like those used in oil and chemical
industries.

The trick I believe we need to pull off is to rethink the ENTIRE interaction
model and how the software components interact on the screen and how we
commonly use them. To that end wmii represents the visual engine to do that.
We just need to build the algorithms and that database mappings to structure
the common working elements into nice visual arrangements that represent our
visual interactive working arrangements... To this end wmii is then the
future visual glue and placement system to make that happen. I also believe
the window bars on each window are a waste of SCREEN space and detract from
the visual experience as they are just stubby horizontal elements that you
always have to LOOK at even when you are not using them...

Just a few cents from the peanuts
gallery... But I believe a worthy few cents.

regards, Joseph Altea, Found ImerXion LLC - Unix GUI programming without the
GUI BLOAT in wmii and Plan 9 windows systems. Look for Wmii applications
(WIMP FREE and NON WINDOWS BLOATED)
coming soon.. to Linux,FreeBSD,Plan9, and OpenBSD.

IF you would like to discuss use these emails below:

>>> infoVision_AT_Cool.as or InfoVisionOrange_AT_Yahoo.IE <<<