Re: [wmii] Dynamicness, Window Sizes (again, sorry) and Xinerama.

From: Adrian Ratnapala <adrian.ratnapala_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 00:28:24 +1000

> Well, just a related question: why don't you use wmii in a
> multihead setup if your screens have different size? Actually I
> never saw much benefit in Xinerama with different sized screens
> so far.

I couldn't get it to work. I never got the free ATI drivers to work
with multi-head of any kind. The commercial ones do their own
Xinerama-compatible thing, and don't seem to allow anything
else (X locked up hard and good when I tried to do it anyway).
This is all odd, because I have at least one friend who uses the
free drivers because he doesn't think the commercial ones support
Xinerama.