BUG: strip whitespaces in rules (was: [wmii] snap: 20060424)

From: Nico Golde <nico_AT_ngolde.de>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 21:52:02 +0200

Hallo Anselm,

* Anselm R. Garbe <garbeam_AT_wmii.de> [2006-04-24 21:11]:
> a new snap can be downloaded from:
>
> http://wmii.de/snaps/wmii-20060424.tar.gz

[...]
I have a very strange bug which I also had in the latest
snapshot. Its reproducable with every client.
For this specify the following rule:
/Firefox.*/ -> 3 (Important is the whitespace behind the
number).

If you launch firefox now it will be tagged with 3 but the
strange thing is that you can't access it with mod-3 now. Ok
lets says its a feauter cause you can use whitespaces for
tags (which I think its not) but If you open another client
in view 1 and tag it with 2.
If you switch to view 2 now and
close the client you also wont be switched back to view 1,
instead you will be switched to view 3.

I think its very strange and to see a whitespace at the end
of a line in wmiirc is not an easy task.

Is its because of simplicity that you allow a whitespace
here? I think it would be good to strip some characters from
the tags, especially cause we dont use mutliple tags (apart
from *) anymore.
Regards Nico

--
Nico Golde - JAB: nion_AT_jabber.ccc.de | GPG: 0x73647CFF
http://www.ngolde.de | http://www.muttng.org | http://grml.org