Re: [wmii] Slow compared to ion

From: Kai Hendry <hendry_AT_iki.fi>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 13:04:54 +0100

On 2006-08-20T16:22-0700 Suraj N. Kurapati wrote:
> If you change your wmiirc to communicate with wmii through libixp,
> then switching views (and pretty much everything else) will feel
> _much_ faster, because your wmiirc does not fork a sub-process (and
> thus no context switch).

Thanks for the reply.

How do I get libixp running with wmii? I've done a quick search and
rummaged through the Debian package to come up empty.

I've since switched to dwm and I'm quite happy. I'll relay my queries
(if any) about it to the more appropriate dwm mailing list from now on.

I am not too overjoyed about recompiling it for changes. I like Debian
packages and I am fine with using ~/.dotfiles. All I need is one
screened uxterm to run in one frame/workspace/window/portal/whatever and
Firefox in another.

I do appreciate dwm's 10kloc minimal style.

Best wishes,