Re: [wmii] Floating SDL window

From: Pontus Andersson <a.pontus_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 12:06:04 +0200

sqweek wrote:
> On 10/7/07, Pontus Andersson <a.pontus_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
>> Greetings,
>>
>> It seems that the new snap have problems with floating windows that use
>> the SDL library. I don't know if it's wmii:s or SDL:s fault, but I
>> thought I'd report it anyway.
>
> Alright, me and uriel went through some code and docs tonight and
> came up with a potential fix. It solves the dosbox problems here (well
> mostly. wmii doesn't change the frame to the focus colours but you can
> type fine... and I just noticed it doesn't want to grab the mouse
> anymore, bleh).
> OK, it's not great, but it's in tip:
> http://www.suckless.org/hg.rc/wmii/rev/fbc6916e4bdc
> Let us know if it helps with your SDL woes, I can't reproduce the
> problem here with xmoto (xmoto 0.2.2 sdl 1.2.11).
> -sqweek

I've tested the latest tip and it works just as you said. No focus
colors, but you can interact with both keyboard AND mouse now. Nice work!

Also, I found another "similar" bug with acroread (I use xpdf mostly,
but for some documents acroread actually works better). Anyway, for
example, the Find-dialog doesn't render properly. It only shows the
titlebar of the window, with no content at all, it looks like it has
been cut off. I reverted back to the old snap, and there it worked fine.

/Pontus